National Report on Schooling in Australia 2009
Funding Australia’s schools
This section provides information on five main areas:
1. Funding developments in Australian schools in 2009
2. Funding overview of government and non-government schools in 2009
3. Government school funding and trends
4. Non-government school funding and trends
5. Capital expenditure on government and non-government schools in 2008–2009.
Funding arrangements for government and non-government schools are analysed in terms of Australian Government and State/Territory government funding for each sector.
In line with State and Territory government budgets, government school funding is historically reported on a financial year basis. The financial year reported is for the period 1 July 2008 to 30 June 2009, that is, 2008–09. This is referred to as 2009 funding in this chapter of the report.
Non-government school funding is on a calendar year basis and reflects funding and expenditure for the 2009 calendar year.