The National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) is moving to online assessment. We are planning for all students to do NAPLAN Online by 2020.
Please visit the NAP website for the latest and detailed information about NAPLAN Online. The NAP website includes:
- access to the public demonstration site
- resources and FAQs for parents, students and schools.
Principles of national online assessment
In July 2013, all Australian education ministers agreed to guiding principles for national online assessment. The principles provide strategic direction to ACARA for online delivery of NAPLAN.
The principles require online assessment to:
- support quality teaching and learning
- deliver better national and assessment information
- broaden the curriculum coverage of assessments.
This followed education ministers’ previous commitment to trial an online platform for National Assessment Program – Civics and Citizenship (NAP–CC) in 2013.
For more information on why NAPLAN is moving online, visit the NAP website.
Also visit the following pages of this website: